Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Page file

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 koolkev

koolkev

• Members
  • 91 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:32 AM

Posted 15 December 2011 - 11:18 AM

hey guys hoping someone can help me. I was told by someone who supposedly knew something about computers that I could change my virtual memory and it would speed up my computer. Needless to say it really didn't work and now I cannot play any card games at yahoo euchre. I have un installed and re installed both the Java Applet and Flash Player, and still no go. I went back into the page file- virtual memory, to try and put it back to where it was, but I did not right done what the settings were prior to me changing it. Hoping someone can just get me back to what is normal. I am running XP and I have 958 mb set for total paging file size and I have a total of 8728 mb available on the c drive........Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,408 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:32 AM

Posted 15 December 2011 - 11:40 AM

Start...right-click My Computer...click Properties.

Click Advanced tab. Under Performance section, click Settings.

Click Advanced tab, then click Change button under Virtual Memory section.

On Virtual Memory tab, put mark in System Managed size, click Set button, click OK until all tabs are closed.

Louis

#3 koolkev

koolkev
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 91 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:32 AM

Posted 15 December 2011 - 01:59 PM

OK I have completed this and reset as you instructed, but I still cannot get the yahoo games to load. I did uninstall a few days to un used programs, Quick Time and Safari as I was trying to free up some space and I never really used them. I used Revo Uninstall and it deleted all of the files from the programs. Is it possible in doing that something got deleted that I need for the yahoo game applet to start? Like I said I have reinstalled both Java and Flash, but still no good. When I go to the yahoo games page its like the java applet is not getting the signal to start. If anyone has an idea, on how to correct, i would appreciate it.....................

#4 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:32 PM

Posted 15 December 2011 - 08:34 PM

is not getting the signal to start.

Could you expand this more? You refer to online games right? Have you tried running speedtest when games unable to connect?

Tekken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users