Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't connect to the internet after viruses

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Passion4Muzik

Passion4Muzik

• Members
  • 152 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:07 AM

Posted 15 December 2011 - 08:46 AM

This is what happened: I am dealing with two computers. I was infected on computer 1 and computer 1 no longer connects to the internet. I became infected on computer 2, but I cleared everything up with a virus scan and system restore. I am now needing assistance with computer 1. The moderator from that thread who was helping me told me to make a topic in Virus, Trojans and Malware that requires logs without a log (I can't do one without being able to connect to the internet). I was following instructions and I wasn't helped, so I created another topic to help with the issue. It's four days later now and I have to return the borrowed computer soon. When I first made my original topic about ping.exe, I was able to connect to the internet.

This is my issue now:

I got a fake anti-virus that popped up and also ping.exe was in the processes in task manager using a lot of memory. I would end the process and ping.exe would pop back up. I tried system restore (which would freeze my computer and after reboot would not be complete), registry cleaner and virus scans (which won't open now). After trying several things I am unable to connect to the internet and the computer is constantly acquiring network address.

Edited by hamluis, 15 December 2011 - 03:38 PM.
Moved from XP to Am I Infected.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,124 posts
  •  

Posted 15 December 2011 - 11:28 AM

Please provide pertinent data (System manufacturer and model) on each of the two systems...and tell us which system the AII topic was initiated on. If custom built, provide motherboard manufacturer and model.

Referring to systems as "Computer1"...doesn't provide much to specifically refer to.

Louis

#3 Passion4Muzik

Passion4Muzik
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 152 posts
  •  

Posted 15 December 2011 - 03:06 PM

Well, the other topic that was closed didn't have "computer 1" in it, it was just straight forward about what the issue is.

I have an IBM thinkpad using Windows XP. After virus scans, registry cleaners and attempts at system restore (that didn't complete), I am left with a computer that is constantly acquiring network address.

Edited by Passion4Muzik, 15 December 2011 - 03:19 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users