Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't connect to the internet after viruses

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 Passion4Muzik

Passion4Muzik

• Members
  • 152 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:52 PM

Posted 15 December 2011 - 03:21 AM

I got a fake anti-virus that popped up and also ping.exe was in the processes in task manager using a lot of memory. I would end the process and ping.exe would pop back up. I tried system restore (which would freeze my computer and after reboot would not be complete), registry cleaner and virus scans (which won't open now). After trying several things I am unable to connect to the internet and the computer is constantly acquiring network address.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,435 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:52 PM

Posted 15 December 2011 - 08:23 AM

Please...do not create multiple topics about the same issue...in different forums. You have a malware situation, which needs to be treated in the appropriate forum for malware.

Your Am I Infected topic, http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic431553.html/page__p__2502947#entry2502947

Your topic in Malware Removal Logs has been merged with the AII topic, since you did not submit the standard logs.

I suggest that you read/follow the instructions at Preparation Guide, Before Using Malware Removal Tools and Requesting Help - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic34773.html . This will get the proper data posted...in the correct forum...as we try to resolve your issues.

To prevent confusion, I am closing this topic.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users