Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Seriously Infected by PING.EXE

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 hadassoren

hadassoren

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:46 PM

Posted 14 December 2011 - 07:53 PM

I have been seriously infected by this thing called PING.EXE. It shows up in my task manager and then when I end the process it comes right back. I even suspended the process in the resource monitor but that only lasts about 20 minutes. When I went to the tutorial on how to remove it, I got to step 3 or something and then got stuck. Because one of the steps is to check that my firewall was on. My firewall is completely blocked! It's now in a shade of grey! I have no idea how this got this way, but I cant turn it on or off, let alone double click on it! Now PING.EXE doesnt even show up in the task manager anymore but my computer is SLOWER THAN EVER. Besides for this, a whole bunch of applications I dont know what the hell they do, started to show up, and I am sure that it is related to PING.EXE. This is a new computer, about 6 months old. I am pretty sure it's not the best PC out there, but still, I need to clean out my computer and find the right spyware. I need step by step help. Please help me. Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,323 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:46 AM

Posted 14 December 2011 - 09:16 PM

Hello, this requires removal in a different forum.

Please go here....
Preparation Guide ,do steps 6 - 9.

Create a DDS log and post it in the new topic explained in step 9,which is here Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs and not in this topic,thanks.
If Gmer won't run,skip it and move on.
Include a link back to this topic.

Let me know if that went well.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 hadassoren

hadassoren
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 14 December 2011 - 09:46 PM

Well this is part of the problem I cant complete the steps. I got up to step 5 where I got stuck. When I go into my firewalls settings, a window pops up saying "Help protect your computer with windows firewall. Your computer is not using the recommended settings" And then there is a button that says "Use the recommended settings" But when I click on that I get an error message saying "Windows Firewall can't change some of your settings! Error Code 8x744737" Or some number like that. ??? So where do I go from here?

#4 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,323 posts
  •  

Posted 15 December 2011 - 02:20 PM

Ok, move past that and try to post a DDS log. You can mention step 5 failed.. We need to see what malware is screwing things up,thanks.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#5 hadassoren

hadassoren
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 15 December 2011 - 04:12 PM

What do you mean I "can mention step 5 failed" ? Mention to who? But in the mean time I will see if I know how to post a DDS Log...

#6 hadassoren

hadassoren
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 15 December 2011 - 04:14 PM

Ok and for some reason NOTHING IS HAPPENING when I click on download on the dds download page. :( Getting so frusterated.

#7 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,323 posts
  •  

Posted 15 December 2011 - 04:23 PM

Mention it in the NEW topic,

If you cannot get DDS to work, please try this instead.

Please download OTL by OldTimer and save it to your Desktop.
  • Close all other applications and windows so that you have nothing open.
  • Double click on the Posted Image icon on your desktop.

Vista/Windows 7 users right-click and select Run As Administrator.
    If you receive a UAC prompt asking if you would like to continue running the program, you should press the Continue button.
  • Under Output, ensure that Minimal Output is selected.
  • Click the "Scan All Users" checkbox.
    Leave the remaining selections to the default settings.
  • Click the Posted Image button.
  • Do not use the computer while the scan is in progress.
  • When the scan is complete, two log files will open in Notepad:
    • OTListIt.txt <- (will be maximized)
    • Extras.txt <- (will be minimized in the Task Bar).
  • Both logs are automatically saved to the Desktop.
  • Please copy and paste the contents of OTListIt.txt and Extras.txt in your next reply.
    If the Extras.txt log is too long, you may need to add a second reply to your thread or upload it as an attachment.
  • Click the red X in the upper right corner to exit OTL.
Important: Be sure to mention that you tried to follow the Prep Guide but were unable to get DDS to run. If OTL did not work, then reply back here.

#8 hadassoren

hadassoren
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 15 December 2011 - 05:11 PM

OK Ran OTL the way you said to, but it stopped responding. I ran it again, but again it stopped responding after a few minutes. It always stopped at the same place. Whenever it said "Scanning Chrome" It would stop there. Now what do I do? :(

#9 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,323 posts
  •  

Posted 15 December 2011 - 09:06 PM

Ok we will do it this way. Start the new topic. This title is good. Mention you cannot run the tools,to see your AII (this) topic.

Copy this link to this topic.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic432497.html/page__pid__2511066#entry2511066

Edited by boopme, 15 December 2011 - 09:06 PM.

#10 hadassoren

hadassoren
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 15 December 2011 - 09:13 PM

Wait, you mean start a new topic with the same title in the same forum? And then just post the link in the topic and mention what? That I cant run tools to see what? Got lost there.

#11 hadassoren

hadassoren
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 15 December 2011 - 09:16 PM

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic432690.html

Here is the topic I posted. Is this good? ANd now whats supposed to happen?

#12 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,323 posts
  •  

Posted 15 December 2011 - 09:23 PM

Sorry for not being more clear.. Start the nes topic here
Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs

Title it as you did
Mention you cannot run the tools,to see your AII (this) topic.

Copy this link to this topic.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic432497.html/page__pid__2511066#entry2511066

I need you to be posted in that other forum so our Malware Team will see your topic and they will get this fixed.

Note I deleted the one you made a minute ago.

#13 hadassoren

hadassoren
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 15 December 2011 - 09:25 PM

Sorry maybe you dont speak english good. What does "to see your All (this) topic" mean??? Just write EXACTLY what I should write in the new topic.

#14 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,323 posts
  •  

Posted 15 December 2011 - 09:37 PM

Didn't think that was a hard one. AII = Am I infected.. That this forum where this topic is located .

#15 hadassoren

hadassoren
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 15 December 2011 - 09:38 PM

ooohhhhh ok lol. thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users