Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

USB flashdrive not seen

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 lancelot128

lancelot128

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:33 AM

Posted 14 December 2011 - 01:55 PM

My USB will not recognize any of my USB flash drives , I have a PNY 8gb, a sandisk 2GB, and others none are seen any longer, the problem arose about a week ago, on a HP Media Center PC with win7.
If I plug in my Bluetooth adapter it works fine, like wise my usb webcam, only the mass storage devices seem to be affected and I have no idea why.
I read where win7 was having problems with this and when I went to MS website I found "a fix" but that did not work.
When I plug in the usb device you hear a sound, but if I go to "My Computer the drive is not found, on occasion when I plug in the device it pops up installing drivers , but that always fails.
This hold true for both front and read usb slots.
Any ideas?

BTW all the usb flash drives work in another computer just not this one

Edited by lancelot128, 14 December 2011 - 02:15 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:33 PM

Posted 14 December 2011 - 08:38 PM

Have you check your BIOS settings for any Legacy device enabling, Plug and play or USB 1.0/USB 2.0? Do you have any system scanners that may be intrusive on any connecting devices? What protection softwares and computer model is it?

Tekken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users