Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Missing Function Keys on Keyboard

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Yepytzme

Yepytzme

• Members
  • 90 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:33 PM

Posted 14 December 2011 - 12:43 PM

Removed email link, protection from spambots and not the way to conduct forum business ~ Hamluis.
Hello Folks,

My friend called with a computer problem yesterday. His computer refused to boot properly. I told him to try a system restore, he's not very computer literate, so I told him to click the Start Key...he said he can't see any start key. I asked him to restart his computer and hit the F5 or F8 keys to go into safe mode. He said his keyboard does not have any F keys. [?] I've never heard of that before. He said his friend suggested this newest, latest keyboard so he bought it. It's a microsoft wireless keyboard...with no function keys? What the!
Can anyone enlighten me as to why there are no function keys on his keyboard and also how to get around that so he can get into safe mode?

Really appreciate any assistance you may be able to provide.

Thanks, in advance,

Yepytzme.

Edited by hamluis, 14 December 2011 - 12:59 PM.
Moved from XP to External Hardware.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,758 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:33 PM

Posted 14 December 2011 - 12:58 PM

Did you try...looking up specific info on said keyboard...using Google?

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users