Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Google Redirect Virus

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Monkey2000

Monkey2000

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:38 AM

Posted 14 December 2011 - 05:44 AM

Hi Guys,

One of my clients currently have a google redirect error on there machine. We have run superantispyware, malwarebytes, tdsskiller, ccleaner. We have even rebuilt the desktop with the same virus inbeeded onto the hard drive.

I am currently running Combofix and i will add the log once it has run. Do you have any suggestions on how to get rid of this redirect virus?? An urgent reply would be most gratfull as our client needs there machine asap.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Monkey2000

Monkey2000
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 14 December 2011 - 08:13 AM

I have fixed my google redirct error. I am going to add the link that work and explain the best way to get rid of this virus

#3 Monkey2000

Monkey2000
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 14 December 2011 - 08:33 AM

I went to the below link and what worked for two different client machines was the following.

http://www.brighthub.com/internet/security-privacy/articles/73919.aspx

download Rkill and TDSSKILLER onto a usb stick.

Reboot into safe mode with networking

Run Rkill - this will pinpoint the where the location of the virus might be.

Then after running RKILL run TDSSKILLER, this will pick on the infected file and remove/cure it.

This might require a reboot, if it does reboot back into safe mode with networking and test if google redirection has rectified itself.

(i dont know if im allowed to post this but it taken me 5 to 6 hours to find a solution) I hope this helps anyone

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users