Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Purchase Template: Need new desktop for bedroom

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

Poll: Build or Buy (this would be my first build-noob) (2 member(s) have cast votes)

Should I build a desktop from scratch or Buy one already built?

1. Build on own (2 votes [100.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 100.00%

2. Have someone build it (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. Buy it readymade (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Dj Tantra

Dj Tantra

• Members
  • 43 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:51 PM

Posted 14 December 2011 - 01:58 AM

Here is a little background:
I have a 50'' 720p wall mounted tv that I currently have connected to a netbook ever since my beloved toshiba qosmio went out of commission. I also have the logitech z-906 surround sound 5.1 speaker system. I want to get teh best out of both these items so I am assuming I need a machine with a strong video card, and high end audio card.

My biggest questions would be as follows:

1. MAC V. WINDOWS!? (aren't macs so much less likely to get viruses?)
2. Build or buy readymade? (what will come out to be cheaper?)

More information:

My budget for the new computer is: 1,000-1,500

What are the primary uses for this computer?
I am planning on using it for everything:
-Gaming
-Daily E-mail
-Light Adobe Photoshop Work
-Watching movies online

What software do you intend on using on the computer?
-Microsoft package
-Adobe Photoshop
-Games!

Do you play games? If so, what type of games?
I don't play many now but I plan on playing all the good ones once I have a computer that can support them.

Do you tend to have a lot of programs running at the same time, or do you close every program when you are done using it?
I'm def gonna need RAM...I plan to have a lot open simultaneously!

Do you store a lot of pictures or music on the computer?
Yes! I used to dj..pardon the OLD username...although I stopped dj'ing I still LOVE music and keep a lot of it but I can always have a dedicated external for that..don't want to add up costs for this.

In summary, I need a computer that's able to support graphics of a high-end game as well as deliver great audio. Additionally, I am assuming if it supports high end graphics it will have no issues supportuing multiple activities- web browsing, photoshop, itunes, etc.

Thanks for hte input guys!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,726 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:51 PM

Posted 29 December 2011 - 10:47 AM

Since no seems to have replied...

<<In summary, I need a computer that's able to support graphics of a high-end game as well as deliver great audio. Additionally, I am assuming if it supports high end graphics it will have no issues supportuing multiple activities- web browsing, photoshop, itunes, etc.>>

My first comment...would be that setting up your topic as a poll...is a mistake. Polls invite nothing but opinions...some good, some bad, all equally qualifying as valid answers to the poll questions. I don't think that would provide you with clear guidance, which is what it seems that you want, if I interpret your "summary" comment as being the main thrust of your post.

You further complicate the thrust of your topic...by dragging in "PC versus Mac" questions...which will (again) generate opinions that won't necessarily lead to any sort of guidance.

You then ask "build versus buy" when you have clearly posted in a forum for buying a new computer, as opposed to the BC forum for building a computer.

<<My budget for the new computer is: 1,000-1,500>>

Dollars? You have to remember that this is a worldwide forum...and currencies vary from country to country.

It also seems odd...that you currently find a netbook satisfactory...but now seem to desire soemthing else. I would be curious to know your perspective in determining that the netbook is inadequate or lacking...that would be a base to build upon in determining what a replacement system should reflect, IMO.

Louis

Edited by hamluis, 29 December 2011 - 10:48 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users