Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

System Recovery options

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Crycious

Crycious

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:36 AM

Posted 13 December 2011 - 11:51 PM

Ok I have a computer with windows 7 that will not boot. It will try flash a blue screen quickly (cant read it), then reboot, if you try to do a startup repair it just says it cannot repair the startup. If you go to the system recovery options it will ask you for your keyboard layout, I select US. After that it asks you to log on as an admin. so the username has a drop down list which contains "myusername" and "HomeGroupUser$". I select my username and leave the password field blank as I set no password on the computer. I hit ok and I get an error "The user name or the password is incorrect". This is a problem since I cannot even now reinstall my os using the recovery partition on the disk. I have a dell inspiron n7010. I have also removed the hard drive to test it and make sure it is not a HD issue. It is something happening in windows. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:36 PM

Posted 15 December 2011 - 12:14 AM

I have also removed the hard drive to test it and make sure it is not a HD issue

What did you find out after this in Disk management, file type? What happens prior to the problem?

Tekken

#3 AngryRaisin

AngryRaisin

• Members
  • 234 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:36 AM

Posted 15 December 2011 - 12:39 AM

on start up... start tapping f8 ... right after the bios start (dell screen) ... you should get an advanced startup menu ... select 'disable automatic restart on system failure' ... report back on blue screen value .... usually will be something along the lines of '0x0000007B: INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE' or '0x0000000A: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL'

#4 Crycious

Crycious
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 15 December 2011 - 10:56 AM

a little update

I did not make any changes to the computer prior to the issue that i know of. Though it would be possible windows updates ran.

I dont think i was supplied with a username and password provided by Dell. As far as the Data I do have all of it backed up so I am not to worried about that.

I have tried using last known good configuration all it does is reboot.

Safe mode does nothing again just reboots. It should be noted that i have tried running startup repair with no success.

After disabling Automatic startup this is the error message I get

Stop: c000021a {fatal system error}
The initial session precess or system precess terminated unexpectedly with a status of 0x00000000 (0xc0000001 0x00100780).
The system has been shut down.

#5 Crycious

Crycious
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 15 December 2011 - 11:04 AM

in response to jhayz. What happened prior to the problem, I was working in a word doc, with a blackberry plugged into the usb port when word crashed then the computer. As far as testing the HD, I used both seagate seatools and crystaldisk info. in the disk management section I am showing 3 partitions 102mb healthy (OEM Partition) Recovery Partition 14.65 GB NTFS Healthy active primary partition and lastly OS partition 581.42 GB NTFS Healthy Primary Partition

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users