Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HP Pavillion Static discharge

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 chucksg

chucksg

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:53 AM

Posted 13 December 2011 - 08:55 PM

I have a HP pavilion P6000 with windows 7
About a couple of months after I purchased the computer, I would turn it on and it would just loop the HP splash screen over and over. I called HP and after hours trying this and that I was told to disconnect any plugs from the computer and push the start button for 2 seconds to discharge any static then it would start right up, that worked for a few weeks.
Long story short, Started happening over and over, sent the computer back to HP (after hrs. of tech support) they replaced the motherboard. That worked for about a month then same thing happened again.
Sent it back again (after hrs. of tech support) HP replaced something to do with the possessor, work for a while. Now every time I boot up I have the same problem again looping the HP splash screen until I discharge the static, then it works until I shut it off. If you put your arm up to the case while itís on, the arm hair will stand up. I wonder if the power supply may need to be replaced?
Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:53 PM

Posted 13 December 2011 - 10:34 PM

Have you inquired about a complete replacement instead?

Tekken

#3 Romeo29

Romeo29

Learning To Bleep

• Members
  • 3,194 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:53 AM

Posted 14 December 2011 - 08:14 AM

In my limited experience, if you are zapping your peripherals like mouse or keyboard too often, then its the power supply unit that is faulty.
If I were you, I would first have the power outlet checked by an electrician to see if the ground wire is properly working or not. Then move on to power supply.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users