Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Vista Won't Start After Accidentally removing Windows Files.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Rainin

Rainin

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:57 AM

Posted 13 December 2011 - 05:59 PM

Okay so i ran Avast antivirus full system scan and then restarted and did a boot scan or whatever, some of the infected files were in the windows folder and i guess i moved them to chest instead of maybe repairing them like i should, now i my windows won't start, can anyone help? i don't have a vista CD but i did burn one to try and repair my system, when i start my computer and boot from CD ROM it goes straight to the Windows Error Recovery screen and doesn't boot the Repair tool. Any help with fixing this would be greatly appreciated as in what possible fixes i could try. thanks :)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Rainin

Rainin
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:57 AM

Posted 13 December 2011 - 07:35 PM

I burned a windows vista recovery CD and ran system repair and it said it couldn't repair it :( Does that mean i have to re install an OS or what?

When i tried some commands i saw on another site to fix my bootsect its saying 0 windows OS installed... i guess maybe i really do need to completely reinsall an OS..

Edited by Rainin, 13 December 2011 - 08:43 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users