Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Sending html newsletters via Windows Live Mail

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 zimmer46

zimmer46

• Members
  • 166 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:24 AM

Posted 13 December 2011 - 01:57 PM

I create a newsletter in Dreamweaver as an HTML file, and in the past I used the facility in WLM to "insert text from file" and selected HTML amd bingo I had a nice newsletter in WLM. Now this was an older version of WLM coz I specifically did not allow my secondary PC to update to Windows Live Essentials 2011 as the latest version does not support this facility.

I had to reinstal Win 7 64 bit and I forgot about this and now I have the 2011 version of WLM !!! I've search and searched to try and find the older versions of WLM without success. Tries download one (2009) but it didn't have HTML facility either. Can anyone help me out heere either by pointing mr to the correct veriosn of WLM or another email program that will support it ? I have tried Thunderbird, but it wouldn't work either.

Thanks all

Andrew

Edited by hamluis, 13 December 2011 - 06:05 PM.
Moved from Win 7 to Web Browsing/Email.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 leeuw

leeuw

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 15 December 2011 - 07:11 AM

Hi Andrew

I had similar issues and reverted back to 2009 (v14.0.8117.416), running fine.
You can d/l from http://www.geekonthepc.com/2010/10/10/get-the-old-windows-live-essentials-2009-back/
It's a 138 MB d/l which includes all the components of Live Essentials.

When first uninstalling Windows Live Essentials 2011 you'll see an option to select any/all of the x7 progs.

#3 zimmer46

zimmer46
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 166 posts
  •  

Posted 15 December 2011 - 08:12 AM

Thanks for that. Worked a treat. :thumbsup:

Andrew

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users