Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

'Error 302 Moved' / 'Error 404 nginx'

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 rufus523

rufus523

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:28 AM

Posted 13 December 2011 - 01:50 PM

Hi -

I'm pretty sure I'm infected but figured I'd start here in this forum. I have already run AVG, Spybot, and Malwarebytes - all of which found something and removed it, but my issue persists.

Description: When I type in 'google.com' I am taken to the correct location. If I click on any results I get this '302 moved' error and it looks really suspicious with a redirect link. I never clicked on the link. If I do a 'yahoo' search it works fine - unless I click on a link that has google in it. I am also getting occasional 'error 404 nginx' that also looks really bland and suspicious.

This machine has been good to me - I'd like to keep it going if it can be saved. Can you help me?

Justin

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 narenxp

narenxp

• BC Advisor
  • 16,371 posts
  •  

Posted 13 December 2011 - 02:08 PM

Try this

http://en.kioskea.net/faq/15289-google-nginx-404-error

Good luck

#3 rufus523

rufus523
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 13 December 2011 - 06:41 PM

Edit - This seems to have worked for the '302 moved' but the '404 nginx' is still there...

Edited by rufus523, 13 December 2011 - 06:44 PM.

#4 rufus523

rufus523
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 20 December 2011 - 07:05 PM

I'm still stuck - went away for a little while but the redirects are back. Any more ideas? The advice above (and recommended macaffee scanner) worked, but temporarily. On restart it's all back.

#5 kimberjingle

kimberjingle

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 14 January 2012 - 06:32 PM

I am also having this issue with www.google.com or any google site having the "302 moved" and then redirct to a 404 nginx. My hosts file upon checking it was fine and had not been tampered with in any way, but I did replace it with a new one and the problem is still there.

(Yes, I know I'm infected with something and I'm thinking this all has to do with a rootkit problem. Taking this machine to the shop on Tuesday for a complete overhaul, but I'm just trying to get anything to work in the meantime so I can do my online classes!)

Any suggestions would be peachy.

KJ

#6 narenxp

narenxp

• BC Advisor
  • 16,371 posts
  •  

Posted 14 January 2012 - 08:09 PM

Download

TDSSkiller

Launch it,click on SCAN