Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hello

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Celestine

Celestine

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:24 PM

Posted 13 December 2011 - 12:30 PM

Hello fellow forum members. Let's see, a bit on myself by way of introduction. I'm a bit of a techie ( I do hold a bachelors, but knowing how to program doesn't make you an IT guy or DBA ) and an avid gamer. Kek.

But putting that stuff aside for a moment, I'm here for help. And I really hate registering for a forum when I need help because, well, like a normal person, I have my own schedule and life and blah blah blah and once I get my help, I probably will lurk for a bit and then disappear. I've owned a forum and I know how it works and I feel its rather selfish to take and not give and so I am hating myself for doing this. Additionally, if any of you are avid users of social networking sites, well, you know that a lot of social networking sites have largely displaced forums. And with Google+, which is very much like a forum, well, its only going to get worse. So, with that out of the way, I will try to stick around afterward and give back, so to say, but honestly, I wouldn't expect much out of me.

Unless you talk to me about games or something I guess.

So that's that. Normally, I do this kinda lame fake Nigerian prince thing by means of introduction ( Hello , my name is' Celestine. I am here to offer ing you a lucrat'ive proposal. I am a displaced Nigerian royalty , and I am needing, well, you get the idea ) but its kinda less appropriate here, so hi.

Edited by Celestine, 13 December 2011 - 01:30 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:24 AM

Posted 16 December 2011 - 05:11 PM

Hello and :welcome: to Bleeping Computer.

I hope you decide to stick around but we understand if you don't.

Be sure to check out the New User Orientation and the excellent Tutorials.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#3 Celestine

Celestine
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:24 PM

Posted 19 December 2011 - 07:54 PM

Hello and :welcome: to Bleeping Computer.

I hope you decide to stick around but we understand if you don't.

Be sure to check out the New User Orientation and the excellent Tutorials.

Wow, your tutorials section is actually pretty damned good. A lot of useful general information.

Great choice of forum software too. I <3 IPBoard way, way more than vBulletin and phpBB.

I'll try, but no promises haha. Its tough you know, and a free service, well, its easy to take for granted. But hey, if you want to strike up a rousing conversation about... I don't know, some awesome game I've played or something, well, forgive the pun, but I'm game.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users