Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Infected with the XP Internet Security 2012

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 poetist

poetist

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:45 PM

Posted 13 December 2011 - 01:03 AM

I have been trying to debug my system trying everything, but I am unable to run Malaware, even changing the extension.

I have loaded FixNCR on a USB, but that is as far as I was able to do.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 poetist

poetist
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:45 PM

Posted 17 December 2011 - 01:45 AM

I think everything is resolved. Is there a possible way to protect my computer? I have AVG, but I don't see it working as it should.

#3 m0le

m0le

Can U Dig It?

• Malware Response Team
  • 34,527 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:45 PM

Posted 18 December 2011 - 09:17 PM

Thanks for letting me know :thumbup2:

-----------------------------------------------

Here's some advice on how you can keep your PC clean

Use and update your AntiVirus Software

You must have a good antivirus. There are plenty to choose from but I personally recommend the free options of Avast and Avira Antivir - though if you choose Avira you should make sure that you uncheck the box offering to install the Ask toolbar. If you want to purchase a security program then I recommend any of the following: AVG, Norton, McAfee, Kaspersky and ESET Nod32.

It is imperative that you update your Antivirus software at least once a week (Even more if you wish). If you do not update your antivirus software then it will not be able to catch any of the new variants that may come out. If you use a commercial antivirus program you must make sure you keep renewing your subscription. Otherwise, once your subscription runs out, you may not be able to update the programs virus definitions.

Make sure your applications have all of their updates

Use this next program to check for updates for programs already on your system. Download Security Check by screen317 from here or here.

• Save it to your Desktop.
  • Double click SecurityCheck.exe and follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.
  • A Notepad document should open automatically, make sure that updates on any that are flagged are carried out as soon as possible

It is also possible for other programs on your computer to have security vulnerability that can allow malware to infect you. Therefore, it is also a good idea to check for the latest versions of commonly installed applications that are regularly patched to fix vulnerabilities. You can check these by visiting Secunia Software Inspector and Calendar of Updates.

Install an AntiSpyware Program

A highly recommended AntiSpyware program is SuperAntiSpyware. You can download the free Home Version. or the Pro version for a 15 day trial period.

Installing this or another recommended program will provide spyware & hijacker protection on your computer alongside your virus protection. You should scan your computer with an AntiSpyware program on a regular basis just as you would an antivirus software.

Finally, here's a treasure trove of antivirus, antimalware and antispyware resources

Do you have any further questions before I close the thread?
Posted Image
m0le is a proud member of UNITE

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users