Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cannot renew IP after rookit error message from combofix

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 Yoo Jin

Yoo Jin

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:44 PM

Posted 12 December 2011 - 09:15 PM

Hello everyone!!!

I am new to posting but have been to the site many times and found my solutions in your forums. I am posting because a few days ago after downloading what I thought was a movie from a torrent site, turned out to be a nasty little malware. After trying to view the movie, it didnt work and then my PC began having issues. I tried to reboot only to find a buch of AV Windows Antivirus pop ups all over the place. I quickly shut off my internet connection and ran a bunch of tools to remove the malware. However, after running combofix, I got a weird pop up stating I had a rootkit that is affecting by TCPIP Stack and then a windows error showing the process was not working. I clicked close to close out the error and hoped that combofix would continue. Sadly the PC was locked up and I had to power cycle the PC. After logging back in and running Combofix again, I noticed that my wifi connection shows as connected but I am unable to obtain an IP address. I have tried a release renew but am getting an error that the RPC Server is unavailable.

Any help on this issue would greatly be appreciated!!

LENOVO T61 Core2 Duo 2.10 GHz
4GB ram
Windows 7 Ultimate

Attached Files

• Attached File  DDS.txt   19.47KB   3 downloads
  • Attached File  GMER.log   2.07KB   2 downloads

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Yoo Jin

Yoo Jin
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:44 PM

Posted 13 December 2011 - 09:05 AM

Fixed it!!!

Used windows system restore to go back to days before the movie file. Wifi works - ran malware bytes, superantispyware and combofix.

#3 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:44 PM

Posted 15 December 2011 - 05:06 PM

It appears that this issue is resolved, therefore I am closing the topic. If that is not the case and you need or wish to continue with this topic, please send me or any Moderator a Personal Message (PM) that you would like this topic re-opened.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users