Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HP Home Security 2012 virus

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 diana247

diana247

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:51 PM

Posted 12 December 2011 - 07:33 PM

Hi, I am running on XP and when I went to open my email, I got a message saying I was infected with a virus. I didn't click on anything and my mailbox never opened. I downloaded SecurityCheck.exe and saved the checkup file and will post it here. I also downloaded SUPERAntiSpyware.exe, but even changing the name, I could not install it. I rebooted in safemode and still got the same message when trying to install it. The "HP home security" message came up and said that the software (superantispyware) was infected with Trojan-BNK.Win32.Keylooger.gen. I am hoping something can be done here.
Thanks so much for your help!

Diana

Here is the log from the Security Check.

Results of screen317's Security Check version 0.99.28
Windows XP Service Pack 3 x86 (UAC is disabled!)
Internet Explorer 6 Out of date!
``````````````````````````````
Antivirus/Firewall Check:

Windows Security Center service is not running! This report may not be accurate!
Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2010
McAfee Security Scan Plus
```````````````````````````````
Anti-malware/Other Utilities Check:

Java™ 6 Update 22
Java 2 Runtime Environment, SE v1.4.2_03
Java version out of date!
Adobe Flash Player ( 10.3.183.11) Flash Player out of Date!
Adobe Reader X (10.1.1)
Mozilla Firefox ((3.6.24)) Firefox out of Date!
````````````````````````````````
Process Check:
objlist.exe by Laurent

``````````End of Log````````````

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 diana247

diana247
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:51 PM

Posted 15 December 2011 - 10:36 AM

Just wanted to say that I used your guide on removing this virus and it worked. So thank you!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users