Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BleepingComputer.com downtime on 12/12/2011

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,572 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:17 AM

Posted 12 December 2011 - 06:48 PM

Today, BleepingComputer.com suffered an extended outage that lasted from approximately 11:30 AM EST to 4:30 PM EST. This outage was caused by the network cards on one of our servers not initializing properly after it was was rebooted. This server is integral for the proper operating of the site and for the distribution of many of the programs that are hosted at BleepingComputer.com.

I know that many people rely on the programs available at BleepingComputer.com as well as the computer help we provide. With this said, a plan for incorporating new servers and infrastructure are underway so that this type of situation does not occur again.

Thank you for your patience and support during our downtime.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,259 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:17 AM

Posted 12 December 2011 - 09:38 PM

Considering how hard BC must get slammed by traffic on a daily basis, I think an occasional outage is forgivable and understandable. :)

#3 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• 4,487 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:17 AM

Posted 13 December 2011 - 10:04 AM

Yeah I would be willing to bet your servers genuinely hate you for slamming them with so much traffic all the time. Not to mention the huge amount of data that gets moved with this site. Not to mention crazies like me that fire off replies fast on days when we get a lot of traffic.
sigcomp.png 
If I have replied to a topic and you reply and I haven't gotten back to you within 48 hours (2 days) then send me a P.M.
Some important links: BC Forum Rules | Misplaced Malware Logs | BC Tutorials | BC Downloads |
Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook! | Twitter! | Google+| Come join us on the BleepingComputer Live Chat on Discord too! |

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users