Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Sleep/Power issue

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Davidian

Davidian

• Members
  • 69 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:24 AM

Posted 12 December 2011 - 05:02 PM

I'm not sure if this is a windows 7 or hardware issue, so I do apologise if I have posted this in the wrong place

I use my pc for many things, production, mixing, gaming, but recently it has more been used as a file host, or media server, to stream stuff to my ps3.

My PC is set to when not being used for about 30 mins, go to sleep.
It wont go to sleep when streaming, but if I turn the ps3 off and forget to turn the PC off it will go to sleep.

for the last 3 days whenever resuming from sleep, it starts to resume, and after about 5 seconds it switches off.

It refuses to turn back on until I turn off the switch on the psu, unplug the power cable, wait about 30 seconds, then plug it back in and turn it on.

Its a very strange issue and one I have never experienced before - I was wondering if any of you had heard of errors like this and what I should be looking for
or if there is a way to test for what it could be?

Thanks everyone

facebook.pngtwitter.pngsoundcloud.png

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 a_cup

a_cup

• Members
  • 172 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:24 AM

Posted 13 December 2011 - 12:21 AM

Hi Davidian,

I came across this when I was having problems in waking the computer..Not sure if this will resolve the problem you are having, but worth a shot..

Go to Start>>type "Device Manager" in the start (without the quotes) and press Enter>> When Device Manager opens Double click on 'Universal Serial Bus controllers.' You will see a list of 'USB Root Hub'. Double click on the first one..A properties box will open. Click the Power Management tab, uncheck where it says 'Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power' and click 'OK'. Repeat this action on the other 'USB Root Hub' items in the list. Your USB mouse and keyboard will now be able to re-awake your computer.

Solution from crankcase
Windows 7 won't wake up after sleep

Pauline

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users