Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

trojan infection / internet explorer failure

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 blackrosedrake77

blackrosedrake77

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:14 AM

Posted 12 December 2011 - 07:38 AM

I recently purchased a laptop from Lenovo. It runs on a Windows 7 operating system. I use avast fow an antivirus, and Zone alarm for a firewall. last night when i was working on it the screen began greying out, going from light grey, to dark grey, to black, to light grey again. It did this for a minute then went back to my desktop. then the screen greyed out again and changed to a new screen. It looked like a digital image of the inside of a computer with wires and chips. It panned in to the left to where a little figure was kneeling in the middle of the 'computer'. He had on a yellow helmet, blue coveralls, a red shirt, and orange hair. in the top left corner were some words. I can't remember all of them, but the last bit was download and a percentage. as the percentage grew, blue and white flames began to grow aroung the edges of the screen. I turned off my wireles connection and the image dissapered. I deleated everything that i had recently downloaded and I've been running every scan I currently have on my computer including: Ad-aware, Spy-bot, Avast, and CW Shredder. They have each found several problems, but I am concerned that whatever created the 'image' might still be somewhere deep in my computer. Also, my Internet explorer won't work. It will open, but it won't open any pages. I had to type this on a different computer. What do I do? Is there a program that can perform a deeper scan than what I currently have? And is this something that I can fix myself? Or should I call in my warranty?

Edited by hamluis, 12 December 2011 - 07:45 AM.
Moved from Win 7 to Am I Infected.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users