Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Program disappeared from desktop...

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Josef1994

Josef1994

• Members
  • 111 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:45 AM

Posted 12 December 2011 - 02:10 AM

I've got a small problem which I'm seeking help for because I cannot find out what's really happening.

Last week, I installed a program and just yesterday I took my motherboard apart and reconnected it later. Then, when I turned it on, the program that I had installed disappeared from the desktop, and was showing in the notifications area, but when I go to the control panel to see if it is installed, I cannot find it there.

Can someone help me out?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:45 PM

Posted 12 December 2011 - 05:09 AM

Last week, I installed a program and just yesterday I took my motherboard apart and reconnected it later. Then, when I turned it on, the program that I had installed disappeared from the desktop,

Please supply a bit more information, like the program and what it is -
Is it a security program or a game or ....... ???

Thank You -

#3 ReviverSoft

ReviverSoft

Happy to help!

• Members
  • 1,552 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:45 AM

Posted 12 December 2011 - 06:23 AM

1. Have you tried searching for the file/folder/program using the Windows Search (Start > Search) feature?

2. If you don't find anything after the search, you will need to reinstall the program on your computer.
ReviverSoft - Happy to help!

#4 Josef1994

Josef1994
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 111 posts
  •  

Posted 12 December 2011 - 05:12 PM

I've tried searching it, and no luck. Also tried reinstalling but still the same. The program is AntiVir (Avira Antivirus). I forgot to tell you that after I reconnected the motherboard the system restored to an earlier point which coming to think of it might have been the case of this failure. Don't know what's happening. Any help would be much appreciated.

Edited by Josef1994, 12 December 2011 - 05:21 PM.

#5 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:45 PM

Posted 13 December 2011 - 10:32 PM

Check All Programs, Add or Remove Programs, Program Files folder. The installing programs will ask you on what location it will be installed. Try checking Folder options and set hidden files and folders visible.

Tekken

#6 Josef1994

Josef1994
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 111 posts
  •  

Posted 16 December 2011 - 03:08 PM

Still no luck :(

#7 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:45 PM

Posted 17 December 2011 - 11:09 PM

What suggestions have you followed so far? Have you set show hidden files just in case?

Tekken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users