Hello and wekcome, I moved this from XP to the Am I Infected
If you connected a Flash drive to this PC ,it is also infected.
Please run these next...
Please download MiniToolBox
, save it to your desktop and run it.
Checkmark the following checkboxes:
- Flush DNS
- Report IE Proxy Settings
- Reset IE Proxy Settings
- Report FF Proxy Settings
- Reset FF Proxy Settings
- List content of Hosts
- List IP configuration
- List Winsock Entries
- List last 10 Event Viewer log
- List Installed Programs
- List Devices
- List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
- List Minidump Files
and post the result (Result.txt). A copy of Result.txt will be saved in the same directory the tool is run. Note:
When using "Reset FF Proxy Settings" option Firefox should be closed.
Run TFC by OT
(Temp File Cleaner)
Please download TFC
by Old Timer and save it to your desktop. alternate download link
Save any unsaved work. TFC will close ALL open programs including your browser!
Double-click on TFC.exe
to run it. If you are using Vista, right-click on the file and choose Run As Administrator
Click the Start
button to begin the cleaning process and let it run uninterrupted to completion. Important!
If TFC prompts you to reboot, please do so immediately. If not prompted, manually reboot the machine anyway to ensure a complete clean.
>>>>>>I'd like us to scan your machine with ESET OnlineScan
NOTE: In some instances if no malware is found there will be no log produced.Rerun MBAM (MalwareBytes) like this:
- Hold down Control and click on the following link to open ESET OnlineScan in a new window.
- Click the button.
- For alternate browsers only: (Microsoft Internet Explorer users can skip these steps)
- Click on to download the ESET Smart Installer. Save it to your desktop.
- Double click on the icon on your desktop.
- Click the button.
- Accept any security warnings from your browser.
- Under scan settings, check and check Remove found threats
- Click Advanced settings and select the following:
- Scan potentially unwanted applications
- Scan for potentially unsafe applications
- Enable Anti-Stealth technology
- ESET will then download updates for itself, install itself, and begin scanning your computer. Please be patient as this can take some time.
- When the scan completes, push
- Push , and save the file to your desktop using a unique name, such as ESETScan. Include the contents of this report in your next reply.
- Push the button.
Open MBAM in normal mode and click Update
tab, select Check for Updates
scan and scan (normal mode).
After scan click Remove Selected
, Post new scan log
into normal mode.
Please ask any needed questions,post logs and Let us know how the PC is running now.
Edited by boopme, 11 December 2011 - 10:10 PM.