Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Possible rootkit 404 error nginx

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Doomsis

Doomsis

• Members
  • 150 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:46 PM

Posted 11 December 2011 - 08:27 PM

I've been getting 404 nginx errors everytime i try to use link converter and the link i try is youtube link. Then i try another converter online and it says error saying there could be an ip address youtube restriction. I try all websites and its blocking me. When I googled this 404 error, i've been told that it could be a rootkit problem. Other possibilities and was a fool to fall for fake setup files for games involving zoo tycoon. But finally got my game back from friend so the one on computer right now is original. I know i tried to download a zoo tycoon file once and i couldn't even find the file. I don't know if its that file i downloaded and couldn't even search it or fltvo isn't safe (I need to know so I know not to use it). It said i can reset host but when i went to look in the c:/windows/system32/drivers/etc - i think that's it but its for windows xp. The folder was empty. When i looked up this error it says it can be resetted or the person behind the rootkit deleted it. Whenever i visit fltvo.com to convert a video youtube link to mp4 i get this error 404 nginx. The address bar on the browser reveals my true ip address. So i am a bit worried. I promise won't search for fake game setup file. I just truly desperately wanted to play it but didn't want get my zoo tycoon copy away from friend who is using it alot. So i took back my zoo tycoon cd game so the one i have isn't the virus, but possible that fake zoo tycoon setup is hiding maybe as a rootkit. I being stupid again. So if they know my ip address can they continue to mess with me? Would i have to go to my internet service provider to change it?

Edited by Doomsis, 11 December 2011 - 08:30 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 narenxp

narenxp

• BC Advisor
  • 16,371 posts
  •  

Posted 11 December 2011 - 08:30 PM

Hosts file is usually hidden,try this

http://en.kioskea.net/faq/15289-google-nginx-404-error

#3 Doomsis

Doomsis
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 150 posts
  •  

Posted 11 December 2011 - 08:56 PM

I went through these steps and found my host file. Then i actually went in and made a notepad file and put the windows xp 2003 host file default and then i deleted it. So i tried to go through the steps and now its saying it cannot find host file.

Edited by Doomsis, 11 December 2011 - 09:04 PM.

#4 narenxp

narenxp

• BC Advisor
  • 16,371 posts
  •  

Posted 11 December 2011 - 09:04 PM

You still have infected hosts file

Run this tool

http://security.symantec.com/nbrt/npe.aspx?lcid=1033

Restart and see if you have errors

#5 Doomsis

Doomsis
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 150 posts
  •  

Posted 11 December 2011 - 09:33 PM

i remember when i first ran it, it successfully removed the fake feralheart application. Now i did it again and it failed to remove the setup file, FHSetup(2).exe. it labeled it as a risk, but was told norton hates everything. So i try to search file name and i can't even find it. Maybe it did make me go to fake website or norton just hates feral heart. When feral heart website was having server problems downloading from site, i had to look forum to forum and the admin lead me to this setup as a temporary file he/she uploaded. I don't think the admin would be that evil. I downloaded from a site he/she uploaded it from. Maybe norton does hate feral heart, but what's odd is i cannot even find the file. The feralheart wesbite server is back up so now i got original files, not the temporary.

Edited by Doomsis, 11 December 2011 - 09:34 PM.

#6 Doomsis

Doomsis
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 150 posts
  •  

Posted 01 January 2012 - 05:30 PM

dang i looked in my virus chest and i usually go to narutoget.com to watch naruto and it found two viruses from that site =O

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users