Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Not infected, but this was the closest category I could find

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Fenix Studios

Fenix Studios

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:39 AM

Posted 11 December 2011 - 03:40 PM

So, here's the deal. I regularly submit rouge software to malwarebytes taken from machines from where I work, which is a local PC repair shop. Normally I see java exploits and rouge antiviruses, very few botnets/trojans and other "heavier" gauge malwares. I am quite adept at software and hardware troubleshooting, and an advanced windows\linux admin.

I've tried re-tracing steps by setting up a secure environment to monitor how a rouge works and building simple batch files to repair changes made to the registry, file system, MBR, and Windows\system32\drivers folders to make my job easier. Naturally, I've started using programs like OllyDebug to attempt reverse engineering through self-taught methods.

For whatever reason, I can never seem to infect my own test machine, even with outdated browser/windows/java and going to the rouge hotspots. I have yet to reach Malware Hunter status on MWB forums, so I cannot access already submitted files.

I am not asking anyone to post links on this thread, as that could potentially endanger unintentional users, but rather to have any good sources for acquiring malware/virus samples in a PM. Any advise anyone may have is more then welcome :)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 narenxp

narenxp

• BC Advisor
  • 16,371 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:39 AM

Posted 11 December 2011 - 04:33 PM

Check your PM

That site provides large amount of malware samples

good luck

#3 KiKiDiKi

KiKiDiKi

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:39 AM

Posted 11 December 2011 - 04:43 PM

just go to facebook with a crappy version of internet explorer with no add-ons and no firewall... play some games, enjoy their apps and maybe click a few personalized ads picked out just for you! :) Sorry no pm for ya, just some bad advice that might help.
http://thereconcilecenter.proboards.com/index.cgi

Meow :) Go There it's cool. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

#4 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,329 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:39 AM

Posted 11 December 2011 - 05:06 PM

Warez and crack sites are a good source and should only be used from a virtual machine. That's the best information and most specific information we can provide.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users