Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I need a teaching

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Michaelis

Michaelis

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:11 PM

Posted 11 December 2011 - 03:29 PM

Hello Everyone,

As you can see, everyone calls me Michaelis. I have a Toshiba Intel Celeron 900 Laptop (it is at least a year and a half old now)and was hoping that someone could teach me about this computer. To be more specific, I want to know the in's and out's of this Toshiba. The only real thing I know how to do with it is find simple/basic answers or solutions to fixing it if I get some stupid virus and I am able to navigate through it.

I do not understand what 2.2Ghz means or what it displays for someone that does know. I am still trying to figure out what 64-bit is to a computer. Is anyone willing to share any information on how to do more with this Toshiba?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,589 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:11 PM

Posted 11 December 2011 - 03:34 PM

While if you ask specific questions we'll be happy to try to answer them, you may find it easier to just use Google. Ask the question on Google and receive an IMMEDIATE answer. That's what I'd do, anyway.

#3 Michaelis

Michaelis
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:11 PM

Posted 11 December 2011 - 04:20 PM

The only reason I am asking of this now is because I just got done fixing my computer from the "Win 7 Security 2012" scam and I literally thought I was a lost cause. Now I am looking for the best protection software that I may be able to get. So far the Malwarebyte software helped significantly and saved me. By the way, is there any good protection software that I should be looking into? Google never gets me a good answer.

#4 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,589 posts
  •  

Posted 11 December 2011 - 04:22 PM

MalwareBytes is not an anti virus application. If you do not have a good anti virus app installed, you should do so. There are many good choices.

#5 Artrooks

Artrooks

• Members
  • 1,463 posts
  •  

Posted 11 December 2011 - 09:20 PM

Free vs. Fee: Free and Paid Antivirus Programs Compared: http://www.pcworld.com/article/210589/free_vs_fee_free_and_paid_antivirus_programs_compared.html

Malwarebytes is an excellent on demand malware scanner and will compliment a good anti-virus program in above comparison.

Regards,
Brooks

#6 ProfessorBean

ProfessorBean

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:11 PM

Posted 12 December 2011 - 05:51 PM

You can also order the A+ Certification Exam Guide by Michael Meyers, if you read that book cover to cover you will know all you need to know about fixing your computer be it a virus or replacing a motherboard. best teaching aid i can think of ... :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users