Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

System Fix...please help!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 missswirley

missswirley

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:51 PM

Posted 11 December 2011 - 08:55 AM

Hi,

I was recently infected with System Fix and think I have fixed my laptop past the critical stage, but I want to be completely rid of it, and I still haven't managed to restore all my shortcuts.

I have since installed the full paid for version of Kaspersky which found a lot of viruses in Windows Live Mail. They are currently in quarantine. Does this mean I got a virus in my hotmail? They had random numbers on and I wondered if there's a way to cross reference this to see which emails were infected? I haven't dared delete them from quarantine incase it deletes important emails.

Also, I have run unhide several times, including in safe mode, and have copied the folders from the temp folder with my shortcuts back to their original locations, but I still have half of my shortcuts missing (firefox and microsoft office). Firefox at least comes up when I type it into the start menu, but microsot office apart from excel has vanished completely, even when searching, I can only open it by opening a saved document instead of Word itself.

Can anyone talk me through restoring my shortcuts, clearing these email viruses and making sure my system is clear?

THANK YOU!! :-D

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 shao13015

shao13015

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 11 December 2011 - 11:52 AM

hi i just got that virus and i remove it instantly.
here i give u my patch file and u can download it and there is a instruction inside.

Link: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=7NOMAH7A

here is the instruction if you some how can't open the text *you should be able to*
You should have all these file you downloaded in your USB
then turn computer to safe mode with network. You can do so by *below*
*when open the computer keep tapping F8, then use the up, down, and enter keys to navigate*
Copy all the file in this zip and extract it to your infected computer
Allow it to work by ignoring the messages that told you to stop it's process
They should be copied to the desktop.
then launch iexplore.exe
this allows system fix to end its process.
now install this Malwarebytes anti-malware program. it is called mbam-setup
then run a full scan. it will take a while and you will be surprise by how many virus you have
after scanned, you should remove those viruses by clicking show result after it finish scanning
then you should be virus free.
now launch the unhide program and it will put almost every thing back to the way it is.
Finish :D good day to you

Any problem? Feel free to ask. Sorry i am not an admin

#3 shao13015

shao13015

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 11 December 2011 - 11:54 AM

Sorry i can't help you D:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users