Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hello!! from Canada..I'm a .New Member!!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Robinsky123

Robinsky123

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:29 PM

Posted 11 December 2011 - 08:05 AM

Hello fellow and ladies Computer Users.....I have been a PC owner since Sept/2008....man what a learning curve!!!!
But now I can do alot on my Computers...I have learned alot about how computers run and work...Now I know that basically a computer is like a filing cabinet...with folders and files!!!
I learned from friends, library books and alot of online research. I was so happy when I burned my first CD!! ("Piece of Mind" by Iron Maiden)...and that was the easiest!!!..I soon was able to
backup my dvds and convert some cassettes to CD through Audacity(My first Audio Program)...I am a Musician/Composer (Lead Guitar/Bass/Keys/Drums) and I used to record my originals with an old
Tascam 4 Track Cassette Recorder.......it was ok but then I bought Sonar's Home Studio 7 and WOW the sound quality alone was a vast Improvement....I was not quite sure about the digtal format because I have read that it does'nt sound as "natural" as analog. Then I bought my first DVD player & movie (SW-Episode II.....I don't care...I LIKED IT.even Episode 1!!)..The pic and sound was great, even with my old Tube TV!!!.and I had read about DVD menu's and Special Features and checked them out...and being a SW movie, it had a LOT of xtras!!! It was AWESOME!!
so I decided to buy my first PC (Couln't afford a mac...now dont care to own one.....I am not a hater, I am just so used to a PC..no point in changing now)
Long story short, still have that frist PC (Sept/2008-eMachine-Vista 32).now I have a HP (64/Vista with free Win 7 upgrade, original RAM=6gb added 2GB myself, added a second hard drive (For audio/Partition+Video/2ndPartition), Nvidia Graphics Card, Blu-ray BURNER, Network Router(Both of my Computers are connected and sharing...much faster than putting on disc!!)
Now I use my Vista to record my drums (I have a Alesis DM10 Studio Kit...which "Triggers" drum sounds when hit...It's Quiet...I live in an apartment)
and use my HP for my Main Recodings. I also have learned about computer maintanance....which now seems endless!! but my boot times on BOTH computers are less than a minute!!
well thats all for now and I hope to learn alot more from this great site...Thank you...Robin.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:29 PM

Posted 11 December 2011 - 09:19 AM

Computer users seem forced to learn about computers to get the most of what they have to offer, and I suppose a lot of people have learned by experience and trail and error. Fortunately, at BC you have the knowledge and expertise of many people on which to rely when you find a problem that you cannot quite resolve.
Thanks for joining and welcome to BC!
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users