Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

SystemFix virus wont let me start XP in safe mode

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 hafiz.ilyas

hafiz.ilyas

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:16 PM

Posted 11 December 2011 - 05:53 AM

i am using windows xp and i have been attacked by systemFix malware yesterday and i couldn.t do anything with my computer.... Although help is there to remove this but problem is that it wont let me run windows either in safe mode nor in safe mode with networking and it went back in boot process....please help me out of this
thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Elise

Elise

Bleepin' Blonde

• Malware Study Hall Admin
  • 60,981 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:16 AM

Posted 11 December 2011 - 12:17 PM

Hello, do you see a blue screen when you start the computer? If so, do the following.

We Need to Diagnose Your BlueScreen
  • When you boot your machine, press F8 to list the startup options, exactly as you would if you were trying to enter Safe Mode
  • Select "Disable Automatic Restart on System Failure", as shown here:
    Posted Image
  • When your system BSODs, write down the STOP error code, as well as any written out error message back here. The STOP error will always appear, but the message may not. You are looking for this:
    Posted Image
Please post me the error(s).

regards, Elise

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | lockerdome

Malware analyst @ Emsisoft

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users