Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

New computer - windows won't start

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 thetallstewy

thetallstewy

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:47 PM

Posted 11 December 2011 - 12:40 AM

So I built a new computer, and I was happy that everything started up but then windows won't :(

I get this error:
Problem event name: StartupRepairOffline
Problem signature 01: 6.1.7600.16385
02: " "
03: unknown
04: 21201151
05: Autofailover
06: 02
07: NoRootCause
OS version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Local Id: 1033

Where do I start? Thanks in advance

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ProfessorBean

ProfessorBean

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:47 PM

Posted 11 December 2011 - 12:58 PM

if you can boot into safe mode, try running a chkdsk. looks like your stuck in a repair loop. the quickest way would be to format the hard drive and reinstall the operating system

#3 thetallstewy

thetallstewy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 11 December 2011 - 02:40 PM

Yes, it is a loop and I can't get into safe mode. I also don't have the original disk to reinstall.

I did try this but no luck. http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/139576-startup-repair-infinite-loop-recovery.html

#4 LucheLibre

LucheLibre

• Members
  • 608 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:47 PM

Posted 11 December 2011 - 04:12 PM

If your OS is legitimate, then you can slave the drive to another computer and use a program such as License Crawler or Magic Jelly Bean Finder to pull the key. Then either borrow a disc with the right version of the OS, or download an uncracked ISO, burn it to disc, and reinstall that way.

If it looks like I know what I'm doing, there's a pretty good chance the only reason for that is because
I once asked someone to run chkdsk /r and a BC Advisor smacked me in the back of the head.

~ LL ~

#5 thetallstewy

thetallstewy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 11 December 2011 - 04:32 PM

Alright, I'll give that a whirl. Can I still extract it even though it is stuck in a loop?

#6 LucheLibre

LucheLibre

• Members
  • 608 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:47 PM

Posted 11 December 2011 - 09:01 PM

The key is stored in the registry file and so long as no major corruption of it has occurred, the Key programs will pull it. The repair loop shouldn't be relevant when it's connected as a slave to another computer.

If it looks like I know what I'm doing, there's a pretty good chance the only reason for that is because
I once asked someone to run chkdsk /r and a BC Advisor smacked me in the back of the head.

~ LL ~

#7 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,379 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:47 PM

Posted 12 December 2011 - 09:44 AM

<<...or download an uncracked ISO, burn it to disc, and reinstall that way.>>

If "uncracked" and "legal/authorized" mean the same thing...that's a good suggestion. AFAIK, Microsoft has not made free copies of Win 7 available to the public.

Louis

#8 thetallstewy

thetallstewy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 30 December 2011 - 08:08 PM

Ok, so I got Windows installed, but my buddy downloaded the wrong version. So now that I have the correct version, its not working obviously. Heres what I get...

Attached File  error.JPG   69.26KB   2 downloads

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users