Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unhide.exe

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Shaikhnbake10

Shaikhnbake10

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:19 AM

Posted 10 December 2011 - 11:29 PM

Hi,
I am new to these forums.
I just read the 10 page thread: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic396978.html

I started this topic cause I was able to get my start menu programs back but I am still missing the windows icons from my start menu such as printers, control panel, and run.
Also, my desktop is completely white with no icons on it. I am unable to cut, copy, and past icons or shortcuts to my desktop.

Any suggestions on how I can fix the problem?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,220 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:19 AM

Posted 10 December 2011 - 11:38 PM

Hello, what is your Operating System?
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 marc@12

marc@12

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:19 AM

Posted 11 December 2011 - 01:42 PM

windows xp

#4 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,220 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:19 AM

Posted 11 December 2011 - 02:00 PM

You did run UnHide? DO NOT eun a Temp file or Registry cleaner.

As you have a desktop without icons, first of all, do below

Open Task Manager (Ctrl + Alt + Del) and go to File >> New Task (Run...) >> type explorer.exe >> Enter

Then, do a search for your explorer.exe via your search function..

You may find the copy of explorer.exe via either of below locations..

C:\WINDOWS\ServicePackFiles\i386\explorer.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllcache\explorer.exe

Just choose either one of them and copy/paste it to C:\WINDOWS folder..

This will restore the default start menu that came with Windows
Windows XP Pro 32-bit US English - This should also work in other 32 bit version of Windows XP but I have nothing to compare against.
http://download.bleepingcomputer.com/grinler/fakehdd/winxp-pro-32bit-sm-reset.exe

Edited by boopme, 11 December 2011 - 02:02 PM.

How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users