Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Odd internet behavior when downloading files

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 renowolf37

renowolf37

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:41 AM

Posted 10 December 2011 - 07:15 PM

Hi, I'm having a problem with my internet that I'm having trouble fixing. I can open any internet browser and surf the web with no issues, but when I try to download anything the site I am downloading from seems to either freeze or timeout. I refresh the page, try clicking the link most sites have to kick start the download, but 95% of the time the pop-up window asking you where you would like to download the file to never initializes. This happens with any file from any site, I've tried downloading from CNET, Softpedia, Adobe, and various external mirror sites. Even windows update won't make it more than ten percent before it gets hung.

Its my personal computer, I am the administrator and sole user registered my 4 month old Windows 7 Home Premium computer. I have disabled all UAC as some have suggested, I just updated my router firmware, and I already the download manager DownThemAll. I'm fairly adept at solving computer issues (by no means an expert though), this is the first time I've had to resort to outside help simply due to lack of information regarding my issue. I've been researching this for two days now without a whole lot of luck, so I'm hoping someone on this board can at least point me in a direction because I'm stumped. I get the feeling it is a virus, but if not and I'm posting this in the wrong place, please either move the thread into the correct board or let me know and I will re-post in correct location.

Thank you in advance, I'm seriously troubled by this issue.

- renowolf37

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users