Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No Internet Connection After Boot Up

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Koosharem

Koosharem

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:54 AM

Posted 10 December 2011 - 06:24 PM

I'm running a 2004 Dell Dimension 3000 with Windows XP(32) Home. I have a Cisco Linksys router and Emsisoft's Online Armor5.1 firewall. My active malware/virus protection is Microsoft's Security Essentials, Ad-Aware Pro and Emsisoft's Mamutu; and, I periodically scan the system with Malwarebytes, Spybot and MS Security Essentials.
So far this has been a "one time" problem that I "fixed" by rolling the entire system back (about a week) to the my last full-system backup. The problem occurred after using the computer each day for about 4 days after the backup (but before the roll-back). Then, right after booting up, neither of my browsers (Google Chrome & Microsoft IE8) could access the Internet -- they just sort of "timed-out". I entered a few Ping commands -- there was no response at all (not even a "time-out" indication).

Then, I contacted my Internet Service Provider. After running a few checks, they assured me my system was "connected and properly configured for the Internet, but not sending any data". They referred me to a local "computer service" company. I was reluctant to do that (never had to yet!), so I did the only thing left: rolled the system back to when everything was working properly!

Three or four days have passed since then,and all is well. I re-ran the "periodic" scans after the roll-back, and, again, no "threats" were found. Is this a time to "leave well enough alone" (or "don't try to fix it if it ain't broke")?? Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users