Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Mouse Keeps Getting Stuck

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 whatdoesthisbuttondo

whatdoesthisbuttondo

• Members
  • 69 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:49 AM

Posted 03 February 2006 - 11:51 PM

My mouse keeps getting stuck; at first I thought it was because it needed cleaning, so I cleaned it. But now, it's frozen up twice (one time both it and the computer froze up). I scanned for spyware and I don't have any, but could it be from a virus?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 piroz

piroz

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:49 AM

Posted 04 February 2006 - 01:46 AM

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/33007/how-to-create-a-topic/ click on the link

#3 ZENER

ZENER

• Members
  • 108 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:49 PM

Posted 04 February 2006 - 02:19 AM

majority of the faults from mouse would be a hardware failure.

however, Are you refering to desktop or notebook mouse?

Try another mouse to see if the problem persist. Thats the best way to test it out.
The Uprise of a new Technology is the contributing factor to the failure of many human brains.
In short ==== We are too reliant on Technology.

#4 whatdoesthisbuttondo

whatdoesthisbuttondo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 69 posts
  •  

Posted 04 February 2006 - 11:01 AM

I'm using a desktop mouse. Also, I checked, and I did have one virus-- one of the Trojan ones.

#5 Heretic Monkey

Heretic Monkey

• Members
  • 1,122 posts
  •  

Posted 04 February 2006 - 12:23 PM

Is the mouse wireless? If so, you might be getting a weak signal. I assume you have a ball-mouse, since you've talked about cleaning it....... do they make wireless ball mouses........? If not, then completely disregard the above rambling....

#6 piroz

piroz

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  

Posted 04 February 2006 - 05:48 PM

it could be alot of things your temporay internet files are full and we need to know what you were doing when your mouse started acting up were you playing a game or does it happen when your at a certain web site give us as much info as you can these guys that work here are pretty good they can solve just about any problem and put down your system specs your hard drive may be full or you could be loaded up with cookies also if it is not a wireless mouse check your connection where you plug it in or try another port to plug it in to see ya

Edited by piroz, 04 February 2006 - 05:52 PM.

#7 KermitD

KermitD

• Members
  • 81 posts
  •  

Posted 04 February 2006 - 06:07 PM

Also, I checked, and I did have one virus-- one of the Trojan ones.

And.......
Did the software which found the Trojan delete it?
Did it come back after the next boot?
After you took care of the Trojan did your mouse start functioning correctly?

KermitD
KermitD
Choices have consequences.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users