Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Not sure if this is the right place to put this, but

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 AlexandraMW

AlexandraMW

• Members
  • 69 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:26 PM

Posted 10 December 2011 - 10:38 AM

I am absolutely panicking, someone please help!

I got a rogue antimalware program last night. I got rid of it within an hour, no problem there. But then I noticed another virus on my computer, and no antivirus program I tried could help it. I found a thread on here with someone who had the exact same problem as me, and I followed the same instructions that were posted there. I installed ComboFix, disabled the antivirus programs it told me to, and ran it. It detected a rootkit (zeroaccess) and rebooted.

And now? When I get to the login screen, NOTHING works! Not my keyboard, my mouse doesn't move, nothing! I've tried going into safe mode; nothing works!

This is a school-issues laptop, and I am a senior in an online-based high school- I can't afford to be without this laptop! Is it ruined forever, or is there a way to fix it? I am absolutely desperate here!

My laptop is a Dell Latitude 3700, it uses windows XP. If I'm miissing any info, please ask me for it.

Thank you in advance if you can help me!

Edited by hamluis, 10 December 2011 - 11:23 AM.
Moved from XP to Am I Infected.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 narenxp

narenxp

• BC Advisor
  • 16,371 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:26 PM

Posted 10 December 2011 - 11:29 AM

I'm sorry but combofix is a dangerous tool

Try this

Remove the battery and unplugged the power supply. Hold down the power button for 45 seconds. Insert your battery and then the power supply and push the power button

#3 AlexandraMW

AlexandraMW
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 69 posts
  •  

Posted 10 December 2011 - 11:31 AM

So, I hold the power button for 45 seconds, let it go to insert the battery/power supply, then press power again?
Just want to make sure I have it right. :D
Thanks!

#4 narenxp

narenxp

• BC Advisor
  • 16,371 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:26 PM

Posted 10 December 2011 - 11:36 AM

yes

#5 AlexandraMW

AlexandraMW
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 69 posts
  •  

Posted 10 December 2011 - 11:37 AM

*Crosses fingers* Here I go...

Didn't work. :(

Edited by AlexandraMW, 10 December 2011 - 11:41 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users