Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BSOD (Blue screen of Death) error whenever Google Chrome is opened

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 genoxide

genoxide

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:59 PM

Posted 10 December 2011 - 07:52 AM

Hi BleepingComputer

Recently, my computer crashes and the enters BSOD mode whenever Google Chrome is opened. This did not happen in the past. I suspect it might be due to a virus or some other harmful program that is infecting the computer. I am using Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64-bit as my operating system. The Blue Screen shows STOP: 0x000000F4. I would appreciate if you could help me out with this. Thanks so much.

Yours faithfully
Walter

Edited by genoxide, 10 December 2011 - 07:55 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cunnpole

cunnpole

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:59 PM

Posted 10 December 2011 - 09:53 AM

If it's any consolation I have just had a similar issue. First restart of the laptop (Vista x86) in a month, and now chrome bsods immediatly on start. All I get is a black screen, then bsod. Everything else seems to be working fine... so far.

Memtest and Diskcheck report all ok.

Edited by cunnpole, 10 December 2011 - 09:53 AM.

#3 Croline

Croline

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:59 PM

Posted 13 December 2011 - 08:46 PM

A registry cleaner can eliminate errors in your record. This record stores all information about the software, drivers, applications and games that are installed on your computer. And in time, it can get bad, because some obsolete entries are not deleted and can lead to what they call the “blue screen of death.”
Fix Blue Screen of Death Error is easy to do with registry cleaner. If you Scan Your Computer it will detect all the errors in your registry and safely remove them.

http://www.comtips.net/fix-windows-blue-screen-of-death.html

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users