Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7 Antispyware 2012

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 superfanty

superfanty

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:51 PM

Posted 10 December 2011 - 03:39 AM

Hello. About 2 hours ago, I was infected with the Windows 7 Antispyware 2012 virus. Now, I have been infected before by a similar virus, so I was quick to react to the situation. I google'd a quick removal guide and found one on this website. I downloaded the required files, which were FixNCR.reg and RKill.exe and continued the removal process. After RKill.exe ended its search for any malicious software that were currently running(not really sure how to explain this), the guide informed me to install MalwareBytes, which I already had installed before, and run a full scan. I did. Nothing was found. I was very perplexed by this. The guide informed me that MalwareBytes should have certainly found the virus and removed it from my system. I ran a quick scan as well as a full scan. Still nothing. So, I decided to download and install SuperAntispyware Free edition. However, it also found nothing besides some cookies. Like I had said before, I had been infected by a similar virus in the past and used Malwarebytes to successfully remove the virus. My question is, is the virus gone? Is it still wandering in the vast memories of my system? If so, please assist me in the removal of this horrendous virus. It is currently bedtime for me, as it is quite late, so please forgive me if I do not reply until tomorrow morning. Once again, thank you for your time and effort.

Edited by Orange Blossom, 12 December 2011 - 08:55 PM.
Moved to AII. ~ OB

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 narenxp

narenxp

• BC Advisor
  • 16,371 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:51 PM

Posted 10 December 2011 - 11:04 PM

Malwarebytes did not detect vista rogue(which hides in appdata/local,it finds the other copies) till yesterday but today i could see it removing rogue which is located in APPDATA/local folder.It is to be noted that it finds the rogue only when mbam runs in safemode

Run a scan in safemode first

Go here

C:/users/Appdata/local

check for xyz.eze file

Delete it if you find one,you may need to run EXE fix after deleting the rogue

#3 superfanty

superfanty
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:51 PM

Posted 11 December 2011 - 01:32 AM

Hi. I will run MBAM in safe mode now and see if it finds anything. Thank you for the advice.

#4 njgirl2468

njgirl2468

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:51 PM

Posted 13 December 2011 - 11:47 PM

About 2 hours ago, I was also infected with the Windows 7 Antispyware 2012 virus. I downloaded the file FixNCR.reg to a zip drive and installed on infected pc which indicated it installed successfully. The instructions indicate I should now be able to access normal executable programs to proceed to next step of downloading RKill, but when I try to open Internet Explorer, I get same virus pop ups and IE is blocked. Am I missing a step? Do I need to do something after installing FixNCR.reg and before downloading the RKill link from bleepingcomputer.com?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users