Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can not find infection

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 Novice Apprentice

Novice Apprentice

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:18 AM

Posted 10 December 2011 - 01:13 AM

If you choose to help me please be patient with someone who's technology experience is limited to two tin cans and a string. My operating system is Windows 7 Ultimate.
When I run ccleaner and I have empty recycle bin checked it reaches an item: \$Recycle.Bin\S-1-5-21-792658888-1413091880-598583725-1001\$ROJT6N8.VOB and hangs there. Even if I empty my recycle bin it still hangs. In local disk C: There is a folder titled $Recycle Bin and it shows empty. When I click on properties it shows Size 1.00 GB and 11 files . 2 folders. Combo fix did nothing or reported nothing.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,849 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:18 AM

Posted 10 December 2011 - 02:23 PM

Hello,

Please follow the instructions in ==>This Guide<== starting at step 6. If you cannot complete a step, skip it and continue.

Once the proper logs are created, then post them in a reply to this topic by using the Add Reply button.

If you can produce at least some of the logs, then please create the post and explain what happens when you try to create the log(s) that you couldn't get. If you cannot produce any of the logs, then still post the reply and explain that you followed the Prep. Guide, were unable to create the logs, and describe what happens when you try to create the logs.

Please note that I am not a member of the Malware Removal Team and will not be assisting you in removing the infection. I'm simply helping you to post the information they need in order to assist you.

If HelpBot replies to your topic, PLEASE follow Step One so it will report your topic to the team members.

Orange Blossom :cherry:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#3 nasdaq

nasdaq

• Malware Response Team
  • 38,763 posts
  •  

Posted 15 December 2011 - 01:47 PM

Hello, Welcome to BleepingComputer.
I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.

If you can please print this topic it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps.
===

Please download and run this DDS Scanning Tool. Nothing will be deleted. It will just give me some additional information about your system.

Posted Image
Download DDS and save it to your desktop from here or here.
Disable any script blocker, and then double click dds.scr to run the tool.
  • When done, DDS will open two (2) logs:
    • DDS.txt
    • Attach.txt
  • Save both reports to your desktop.

Please just paste the contents of the DDS.txt log in your next post.
===

Third party programs if not up to date can be the cause infiltration of an infection.

Please run this security check for my review.

Download Security Check by screen317 from here.
  • Save it to your Desktop.
  • Double click SecurityCheck.exe and follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.
  • A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.
===

Please post the logs for my review.

#4 nasdaq

nasdaq

• Malware Response Team
  • 38,763 posts
  •  

Posted 21 December 2011 - 11:21 AM

Due to the lack of feedback, this topic is now closed.

In the event you still have problems, please send me or any Moderator a Private Message and ask them to reopen this topic within the next 5 days. Please include a link to your topic in the Private Message. Thank you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users