Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Way Too Many Active Connections in Netstat

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 UKsux

UKsux

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:58 PM

Posted 10 December 2011 - 12:32 AM

Running Google Chrome, I recently noticed that web pages would slow in loading.
Eventually, the browser would lock up and say waiting for cache.
I opened a new Chrome browser window and cleared the cache and the web pages in the other browser windows would open.
Within a few hours though, same problem.
I ran Netstat and it seems I have WAY too many active connections.
I have Windows Firewall running and even checked the box to block all incoming connections--still way too many connections show on Netstat.
I've run a few anti-virus programs and cleared what it found and did a reboot. Still too many active connections.
Hoping someone has an idea what's going on. I'm in over my head. I'm wondering if my firewall was down at some point and I got a virus/worm/rootkit etc. Btw, I've run MalwareBytes and GMER, the former finding only some adware which I killed. GMER found a few things that could not be "restored".
Thanks for reading this lengthy prob and considering it. :^)

Edited by hamluis, 10 December 2011 - 10:02 AM.
Moved from Vista to Am I Infected.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users