Eventually, the browser would lock up and say waiting for cache.
I opened a new Chrome browser window and cleared the cache and the web pages in the other browser windows would open.
Within a few hours though, same problem.
I ran Netstat and it seems I have WAY too many active connections.
I have Windows Firewall running and even checked the box to block all incoming connections--still way too many connections show on Netstat.
I've run a few anti-virus programs and cleared what it found and did a reboot. Still too many active connections.
Hoping someone has an idea what's going on. I'm in over my head. I'm wondering if my firewall was down at some point and I got a virus/worm/rootkit etc. Btw, I've run MalwareBytes and GMER, the former finding only some adware which I killed. GMER found a few things that could not be "restored".
Thanks for reading this lengthy prob and considering it. :^)
Edited by hamluis, 10 December 2011 - 10:02 AM.
Moved from Vista to Am I Infected.