Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Win7 Antivirus 2012 Infection

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 nerdgirl98

nerdgirl98

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:58 PM

Posted 09 December 2011 - 09:10 PM

Using Windows 7

I have the Win7 Antivirus 2012. I found another topic about this problem so I downloaded files to fix the problem. However I can't run anything. Can't open task manager, Regedit, Internet browser, etc. I also cannot run anything from the Start menu or command line. I can look at files when I boot in Safe mode command prompt. It looks like nothing is on drive C: when I'm at the command prompt but I see it with Windows explorer (explorer works kindof). With command prompt it looks like stuff is on a different drive letter. Maybe that's normal, I don't know. When I try to open anything I get the Open With... prompt and I can hit browse to look around. Can't do anything else however.

This computer has three users. User1 got the virus approx two weeks ago but User2 did not. While logged on to User2 I ran a virus scan and a bot scans. Trend Micro Housecall found three Trojans and deleted them. RUBotted says there is one bot that can't be deleted. Today User2 became infected. I do not know if User3 is infected because I haven't logged into it. User1 is the administrator.

Curious... A week ago I ran Hijackthis while logged on to User2 and just now I was able to open the log file. If that is helpful in diagnosing the problem I might be able to upload the text. I would have to save the file to a USB drive and transfer it to the computer I'm using now. If I would risk infecting my computer I'd rather pass on that. Can anyone help? Thanks, Dianna

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,772 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:58 PM

Posted 09 December 2011 - 09:44 PM

Did you try this manual?
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-removal/remove-win-7-antispyware-2012

My Website

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click DONATE

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users