Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Win 7 Internet Security 2012

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Patrick Brittain

Patrick Brittain

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:19 PM

Posted 09 December 2011 - 07:07 PM

I have some malware on my windows 7 desktop that will not allow me to open malwarebytes. Win 7 Internet Security 2012 says it found 29 infections and that I should register to perform threat removal.
It also says jucheck.exe has been infected by Trojan-BNK.Win32.Keylogger.gen with additional warnings of credit card theft from spyware, worms, and trojans running in the background.
I downloaded a version of combofix yesterday on my laptop that I could move to the PC with a USB memory stick. I have not tried to start up my browser.
On the last restart it warned that hkcmd.exe, igfxtray.exe, & igfxpers.exe could not be found.
Any advice before I run combofix would be greatly appreciated.

Edit: Moved topic from Windows 7 to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,772 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:19 PM

Posted 09 December 2011 - 07:56 PM

Please follow the instructions in ==>This Guide<== starting at Step 6. If you cannot complete a step, skip it and continue.

Once the proper logs are created, then make a NEW TOPIC and post it ==>HERE<== Please include a description of your computer issues, what you have done to resolve them, and a link to this topic.

If you can produce at least some of the logs, then please create the new topic and explain what happens when you try to create the log(s) that you couldn't get. If you cannot produce any of the logs, then still post the topic and explain that you followed the Prep. Guide, were unable to create the logs, and describe what happens when you try to create the logs.

It would be helpful if you post a note here once you have completed the steps in the guide and have started your topic in malware removal. Good luck and be patient.

If HelpBot replies to your topic, PLEASE follow Step One so it will report your topic to the team members.

My Website

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click DONATE

#3 Patrick Brittain

Patrick Brittain
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 19 February 2012 - 07:10 PM

Before the reply I was able to run malwarebytes by renaming the file and that seemed to work cleaning up a number of problems. However, it came back and I an unable to run anything including dds.scr
Please advise, Thanks

#4 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,573 posts
  •  

Posted 19 February 2012 - 08:16 PM

If you cannot get DDS to work, please try this instead.

Please download OTL by OldTimer and save it to your Desktop.
  • Close all other applications and windows so that you have nothing open.
  • Double click on the Posted Image icon on your desktop.

Vista/Windows 7 users right-click and select Run As Administrator.
    If you receive a UAC prompt asking if you would like to continue running the program, you should press the Continue button.
  • Under Output, ensure that Minimal Output is selected.
  • Click the "Scan All Users" checkbox.
    Leave the remaining selections to the default settings.
  • Click the Posted Image button.
  • Do not use the computer while the scan is in progress.
  • When the scan is complete, two log files will open in Notepad:
    • OTListIt.txt <- (will be maximized)
    • Extras.txt <- (will be minimized in the Task Bar).
  • Both logs are automatically saved to the Desktop.
  • Please copy and paste the contents of OTListIt.txt and Extras.txt in your next reply.
    If the Extras.txt log is too long, you may need to add a second reply to your thread or upload it as an attachment.
  • Click the red X in the upper right corner to exit OTL.
Important: Be sure to mention that you tried to follow the Prep Guide but were unable to get DDS to run. If OTL did not work, then reply back here.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users