Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Thank you a million times!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 vstevens

vstevens

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:39 AM

Posted 09 December 2011 - 03:30 PM

Over the last few years my kids and I have used this website (and your staff) to help clean our computers. Two of our computers were infected just this week, and we were able to get instructions to clean them without having to post for direct help this time.

I can only imagine all the posts you must get where people feel "entitled" to your help, so I cannot thank you enough for doing what you do, even through dealing with all of "those" people.

I've looked over the website, but cannot find a donation option. Does one exist?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Blade

Blade

Strong in the Bleepforce

• Site Admin
  • 12,702 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:39 AM

Posted 09 December 2011 - 04:28 PM

Hello!

First, thank you for your kind words! It's for users such as yourself that this site was developed and we are happy to have been of assistance.

Second, currently there is not a donation option as BC is self-sufficient. I would suggest a gift to the charitable organization of your choice. :)

Happy Holidays!

~Blade
Forum Administrator

Posted Image

If I am helping you, it has been 48 hours since your last post, and I have yet to reply to your topic, please send me a PM
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook
Follow us on Twitter!
Circle us on Google+

#3 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,257 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:39 PM

Posted 09 December 2011 - 04:31 PM

Hi there vstevens, and thanks for your kind words! I know I speak for the entire staff when I say that knowing that one's work is appreciated makes doing the work much more rewarding.

Bleeping Computer, as a organization, makes enough money from the advertisements displayed to visitors to offset its costs. For that reason, the owner decided to stop accepting donations several years ago. In lieu of donations to BC, it is suggested that you donate to a local charity of your choosing. You might also be interested in browsing the Bleeping Computer Store for BC swag.

Some members here (particularly the Malware Helpers) are permitted to solicit donations, and those members will have an appropriate link in their signature if they wish to avail themselves of the privilege. If there is a particular member here you would like to donate to, and that member accepts donations, then I would encourage you to do so.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users