Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Compaq Presario SR1901WM with MSI MS-7093 Crashed

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 msicbimbi

msicbimbi

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:39 PM

Posted 09 December 2011 - 09:07 AM

Hi there; I have a huge problem on my hands. I tried to install a Kodak printer on my Compaq Presario SR1901WM. The process froze the computer and so I restarted it. Well, XP would not come up; so then, I tried to be a big boy, and just format the hard drive and reinstall everything...big mistake! Now, regardless of whatever windows CD I use when I get to the point where I can format the drive the computer crashes. I cannot access repair, delete the partition, use recovery, access F8, or collect my freaking $200.00. lol Sorry, I have to laugh at this point. All I can do with the computer is access BIOS and make some changes in there. Now, I will say this, the motherboard does recognize the hard drive and RAM. The motherboard is the MSI MS-7093. It has a Phoenix V. 3.40 and Core V. 6.00PG. The CPU is an AMD Simpron 3200. Now, I have tried booting it with all the various RAM combinations. In other words, there are four RAM slots, and four RAM cards, and I have tried all the possible combinations of booting it with RAM 1 through 4. I have also flashed the bios with removing the battery. So, I am running out of ideas. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,552 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:39 PM

Posted 09 December 2011 - 09:45 AM

<<...when I get to the point where I can format the drive the computer crashes.>>

I believe a diagnostic of the hard drive is in order...before moving on to other suspects. The correct diagnostic should be available at the website of the hard drive manufacturer.

Free Hard Drive Testing Tools - Hard Drive Diagnostics - http://pcsupport.about.com/od/toolsofthetrade/tp/tophddiag.htm

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users