Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Error 100c

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 deathx88

deathx88

• Members
  • 154 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:55 AM

Posted 09 December 2011 - 04:52 AM

I'm having a serious problem right now where i can't get windows to load up. I'm using an HP pavilion pc with 32 bit vista.

It all started when i ended up getting a nasty virus. The kind of virus that pops us and installs a fake virus program on your computer. I tried to act fast and restart my pc so i can run malwarebytes in safe mode. I ended up getting into safe mode but i couldn't get malwarebytes to load, i also noticed that the fake virus programs were running while i was in safe mode. I tried to open system restore but that wouldn't load as well.

I then restarted my pc again to try and boot system restore via F11. This is when i got an error that said "error 100c, please contact hp support" i was able to click "ok" with my mouse pointer but my computer would just restart. I tried to boot normally and in safe mode again but i was presented with the same "error 100c" no matter what i did.

I tried to look up help on line with this similar matter and i was suggested to reset my bios. I removed my cmos battery for about 15 minutes and put it back in. I reset the date and boot devices back to the normal settings, i also used partition wizard just to make sure my main drive was set as primary. Now I'm not even seeing the error 100c anymore. Every time i start up i get a black screen that says "windows are loading files" after that it just sits at a black screen. I've also noticed when i press F8 the display options show up very slowly, line by line. I've had a problem like this before where everything loaded slowly but i just pulled out my cmos battery and everything worked again.

I'm not sure what else to do now. I've tried the vista boot disc but that's not really fixing anything. I would like to try and resolve this without having to reinstall my entire operation system. Could it be a problem with my CMOS battery dying? I appreciate any help.

Edited by hamluis, 09 December 2011 - 05:11 PM.
Moved from Vista to Am I Infected.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 deathx88

deathx88
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 154 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:55 AM

Posted 09 December 2011 - 09:04 PM

I see this thread has been moved, but i don't think this is a virus problem. Although I'm not entirely sure.

My computer can actually get into windows again, but it's extremely slow. I've had this problem before and i think it's a bios problem. Last time i just took out the cmos battery for 15 minutes and it was fast again. This time though, it's not fixing it even after using a different battery.

I was able to get the virus removed using malwarebytes in safemode. I had to run a registry fix so i could run rkill, then malwarebytes. The virus was vista security 2012 and i think i completely removed it.

I'll try to run a speccy scan to see if my heat temps are normal or not.

EDIT: Ok, i got it working again. All i had to do was go into setup and press F5 to restore default settings. Looks like there was no need for this thread after all. I can be closed now.

Edited by deathx88, 09 December 2011 - 09:44 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users