Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Win Xp System Problem

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 emphous

emphous

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:54 PM

Posted 03 February 2006 - 05:54 PM

Hi all.First time use,and hope to find some answers.Control panel has dissapear,from my computer.I then found it by using search,i click on it and it says"restrictions" This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer.Please contact your system administrator.Also,the same message appears when i click on time,to see calendar.What is going on.thank you for any help

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Cyclica

Cyclica

• Members
  • 87 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:54 PM

Posted 03 February 2006 - 06:30 PM

Hi there. It sounds like your computer has been hijacked. Perhaps you should run Hijackthis and post the log in the proper forum (maybe an admin will move the thread), so an expert can give you advise. :thumbsup:

#3 Albert Frankenstein

Albert Frankenstein

• Members
  • 2,707 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:54 PM

Posted 03 February 2006 - 07:03 PM

Hard to say exactly what is going on, but like Cyclica said, it might be a good idea to post in the High Jack this forum. Here is some more info on that theme:

Depending on your level of expertise:

There is a forum here at Bleeping Computer for self help, you can find it HERE.

Or, for help with removing your infection I would like to refer you to the Highjack This (HJT) forum here at BleepingComputer.com:

First: Read the Preparation Guide found HERE. It is very important that you follow ALL of the instructions found within. (There are many important steps in this guide that may clean your computer.)

Second: Post your system information along with a brief description of the problems you are having, and your HJT log in the HJT forum found HERE.

NOTE: Please, after you post your HJT log DO NOT make another post in the HJT forum until it has been responded to by a member of the HJT Team. The first thing they look for, when looking for logs to reply to, is 0 replies. If you make another post there will be 1 reply. The team member glancing over the replies might think someone is already helping you out and will not respond. So, just make your post and let it sit there until a team member responds. The volunteers who work that forum are very busy, so please be patient and wait for a response. It can sometimes take a few days.

Third: If, after finishing your work with the folks at the HJT forum you have issues with XP related to the removal of the infection, then come back in here and let us help you get your computer back to normal.

You are in good hands! Good luck!
ALBERT FRANKENSTEIN
I'M SO SMART IT'S SCARY!

Currently home chillin' with the fam and my two dogs!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users