Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Important - Missing Scanned Documents

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 th3fall3n777

th3fall3n777

• Members
  • 364 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:50 AM

Posted 08 December 2011 - 05:13 PM

Details:
Windows Vista Business Edition w/ Service Pack 2
Domain Environment with Server 2008 R2
All Locally created documents are saved on the server through a mapped drive that is marked always available offline.

Printer/Scanner/Fax All in One HP Office jet Pro 8600

I have hooked up this new printer, and am able to both print and scan just fine. The scans, by default, are being saved in the user folder on the server (My Documents is mapped to this network drive). However, when I attempt to Share out the printer, so that the users assistants can also use the printer, the user's scans after the fact are nowhere to be found. They're not in the default location on the network drive, and in fact if I change the scanner settings to save the scans to the user's desktop, they are still nowhere to be found.

I have been both on the server and on the user's local machine, and ran system wide searches for the scans, and simply cannot find them. The printer/scanner is indicating that the scans have completed successfully.

Please help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,545 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:50 AM

Posted 08 December 2011 - 06:13 PM

What's the file extension for the scanned documents?

You did a search...of each hard drive/system...for files of this type?

Louis

#3 th3fall3n777

th3fall3n777
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 364 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:50 AM

Posted 13 December 2011 - 01:18 PM

The extension of the scanned files is .pdf but no, I did not - I searched for the file name, in this case scan1.pdf with a computer wide search, and then I tried to search in the user's network folder on the server. So you think I should try to search for just the file extension? I'll give that a shot and see what it turns up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users