Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Local System 32 Error

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 rickey

rickey

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:50 AM

Posted 03 February 2006 - 04:09 PM

[size=3]Many times, when I try to open a program, I get the message that it experienced a problem and could not open. I check the technicle info, which always originates from Local System 32. If I either send report or not, the internet connection gets disconnected or computer shuts down. I use Adobe Reader 6.0 to read pdf files. If I download the newer version--7.0--it shuts down any time I try to open a pdf file with the error message. I have to uninstall the 7.0 and reinstall 6.0. Even stranger, my ISP is Roadrunner, and when there is a pdf file attachment, I will lose internet connection if I try to open---with error message. But if I forward the message to my Yahoo email account, and then open the pdf file-at yahoo location-Adobe reader 6.0 will open and let me read the pdf file attachment. This error message pops up many times in many programs--especially if I hit the help tab. Rickey

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users