Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Infected?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 CandyApple

CandyApple

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:08 PM

Posted 08 December 2011 - 12:14 PM

Yesturday something called Privacy protection tried installing itself onto my coputer but was killed instantly by my AVG 2012. Today getting on the internet most of the sites I tried to use ended up being redirected. Nothing else has presented itself yet. I'm not sure if there is still some component of thee privacy protection thing left on my computer or if it's just an annoying tracking cookie that installed itself. I'm running windows xp and have AVG Maleware bytes (just installed recently)and I have ad-aware(since installing the newer version of Avg this is used vary rarely if at all). Currently in the background as I write this I am running Maleware but it's been going for almost two hours and has yet to find anything. Help whenever you can please. Also with the resident shield pop up from avg I noticed the same cookies being detected on open but have no idea where they came from. Tribalfusion Burstnet Mediaplex no matter what web page I'm on from disney to facebook those are the ones being detected. At first I thought nothing of it now I am wondering if those have anything to do with it.

Edited by CandyApple, 08 December 2011 - 12:25 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 CandyApple

CandyApple
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:08 PM

Posted 08 December 2011 - 01:55 PM

Nevermind. After three hours the maleware bytes removed five infected object 3 were hkey and the other two I can't remember. For now it seems to be working and I havne't been redirected yet.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users