Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

can't open any programs in x[

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Bonita-g

Bonita-g

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:56 PM

Posted 08 December 2011 - 11:29 AM

I got a virus and avg as to allow or send to vault. So I sent it to the vault. Now I can't open most of my programs, especially my virus protector. I went to the start button and went to run menu but all I get is the open with list. Never had this much problems with a virus before, but it must have corrupted or destroy a file I need to open program. I need help please Thanks Bonita-g

Edit: Moved topic from Windows 8 to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,613 posts
  •  

Posted 08 December 2011 - 11:55 AM

What virus was it? My guess is one of these:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-removal/remove-win-7-antispyware-2012

Download this reg file and double-clicking it. Allow it to merge. This will reset the default exe file associations for Windows 8 as long as the main infection is gone.

Attached Files

#3 Bonita-g

Bonita-g
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 08 December 2011 - 01:07 PM

I think it was some kind of trogan..But I tried your suggestion and it worked perfect.
Thank you so much
Bonita-g

#4 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,613 posts
  •  

Posted 08 December 2011 - 01:32 PM

Glad it worked :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic