Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Startup Program ShortCuts after Virus Removal

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 imajoker

imajoker

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:32 PM

Posted 08 December 2011 - 09:28 AM

Recently was infected with a virus, which I removed with Kaspersky, but now all of my program folders are empty and / or missing when I hit Start -All Programs. I believe this is self-inflicted. I'm running Windows 7/64 on a Dell N7010 laptop. It has a OS (C:) drive (58.5GB) and a Local Disk (D:)drive (527GB). I originally found the "C" drive becoming full. Not being overly computer savy, I tried to move program files and any large files I could locate to the "D" drive. Everything seemed to work fine, until this virus. Now I believe the computer is reverting back to the original location of these files on the "C" drive, and I'm not sure on how to link them back to my All Programs menu. I appreciate any input and assistance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Artrooks

Artrooks

• Members
  • 1,463 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:32 PM

Posted 08 December 2011 - 01:13 PM

Hello imajoker,

You could try to run : Unhide.exe.

Here is a description of the program: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic405109.html

Regards,
Brooks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users