Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BIOS PASSWORD

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 lucykillsnoobs

lucykillsnoobs

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:01 AM

Posted 08 December 2011 - 04:14 AM

"My boyfriend was currently asked to repair his friends laptop its a toshiba c650d-12c
the problem is he can't get past the BOIS password is there anything i can suggest to him that might help him out ? Thanks for your time"
and sorry if i didn't post this in the proper place ..this is all a bit new to me

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,870 posts
  •  

Posted 08 December 2011 - 10:20 AM

I like the obvious...ask for the password from the owner?

There seems to be more to this episode...than you have submitted for consideration, IMO.

Louis

#3 guust_flater

guust_flater

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:01 PM

Posted 08 December 2011 - 10:51 PM

I had this issue recently with a friend's Toshiba laptop, the way I got around it was by shorting two pads on the motherboard (you get access to them by removing the RAM) which wiped out the password.
There is information on the internet about this. you might have to try a couple of times to get it right.
Not sure if this will work on your particular model.

#4 InadequateInfirmity

InadequateInfirmity

I Gots Me A Certified Edumication

• Banned
  • 5,180 posts
  •  

Posted 08 December 2011 - 11:19 PM

Password help is not given on this site please edit your post guust_flater.

Mod Edit: That statement is incorrect, no edit of the original post is necessary ~ Hamluis.

Edited by hamluis, 09 December 2011 - 09:10 AM.
Correction/clarification.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users